We work with individuals, business and corporations ensuring that their commercial objectives are met.
The Business Team is headed up by corporate lawyers who have primary responsibility for business related matters. In addition, the team includes experts in key practice areas such as tax, employment and property.
We advise in a broad range of sectors such as health, care, manufacturing and hospitality.
We enjoy advising and supporting many different types of client from a one man band business to a multi-million pound corporation. The service we offer is bespoke to your needs.
Examples of recent work:
- Share sale of a pharmaceutical company for £1.7 million
- Sale of a motor vehicle parts dealer for £750,000
- Asset sale of hotel for £7.5 million
- Sale of a software company for £6 million
- Asset sale of group of hotels for 12.5 million
- Sale of shares of a fishing company for £2.1million
- Asset sale of 3 hotels in Torbay to a foreign investor for a combined purchase price of £12.5M
- Family Buy-Out and Restructure of Importas Limited, a company based in Teignmouth that designs, sources, and imports beds and furniture to UK and European retailers.
We offer a full range of business legal services in:
- Mergers and demergers
- Buying & selling companies and businesses
- Joint ventures
- Retirement and other sales
- Managing Buy-ins and Buy-outs
- Investment by external investors
- Restructuring & recovery
- Partnership formation
- Drafting of Shareholders, LLP and Partnership Agreements
- Advising on Partnership/Shareholders disputes
- Retirement and dissolution
“Kitsons were quick to fully understand the transaction we required them to carry out for us.
From the point of our instruction, they were extremely diligent, and hardworking, in getting together the enormous amount of legal documents that were necessary within a short timescale, to complete our transaction.
Throughout the complicated process they gave us an enormous amount of good, solid, and commercial advice, to help steer us to a successful completion date, on time.
Stuart Mathews lead an accomplished and professional team, who were always on hand to answer the many questions that we hit them with on a daily basis – Hannah Sellick was instrumental in helping us get our “ducks in row”.
“The Corporate Services Team at Kitsons acted on our behalf in the sale of our businesses. I can not recommend them highly enough. Natalie and Rosie were very efficient and ensured the completion deadline was met. They were always available to help, and were very professional.”
– Owner, SME in Food and Drink Sector