Stuart specialises in share acquisitions and disposals and business and asset acquisitions and disposals coordinating project teams comprising lawyers, accountants and bankers to complete transactions within agreed timeframes and budgets. He advises corporate and individual clients at a regional, national and international level.
Stuart also advises on joint ventures, shareholders’ agreements, corporate reorganisations, LLP and partnership arrangements.
Stuart was a Corporate Partner at Ashfords LLP and Head of the Taunton Office, an office comprising 60 individuals with ten different legal departments.
Stuart was Deputy Head of Legal at the UK Met Office. Stuart advised on international joint ventures, collaboration agreements and other commercial contracts.
In his spare time Stuart enjoys running, paddle boarding, sea swimming and walking on coast and moor. He is a busy father, but also manages to play bass guitar in a gigging rock and funk band.
Some key transactions:
- Lead adviser to family shareholders on the sale of a large packaging manufacturing business to a confidential buyer (multi £M) (2019).
- Lead adviser to the Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board (a non-departmental government body) on the sale of Meat and Livestock Commercial Services Limited to HallMark Hygiene Limited (multi £M) (2018).
- Lead legal adviser to selling shareholders on the sale of the entire issued share capital of W. C. Rowe (Falmouth) Limited (Rowe’s Cornish Bakers) to Iberia Industry Capital Group Sarl, based in Luxembourg (2017).
- Lead corporate adviser to C & C Group plc (an Irish company) on the sale by its subsidiary Magners GB Limited to Showerings (SM) Limited (a wholly owned subsidiary of Brothers Drinks Co Limited) of Shepton Mallet Cider Mill, including multiple properties and the business of producing and packaging cider and other alcoholic beverages (multi £M) (2016)
- Lead legal adviser to selling shareholders on the sale of Research Instruments Limited (cutting-edge technology, consumables and hardware in the field of in-vitro fertilisation (IVF)) to CooperSurgical (women’s health care division of The Cooper Companies, Inc, a NYSE listed global medical device company) for a total cash consideration of over $50m (2016).
- Lead adviser to selling shareholders on the sale of Framptons Transport Services Limited to Gregory Distribution Limited (multi £M) (2015).
Torquay Office - 01803 202085 / Exeter Office - 01392 455534