What is the best way to contact the police at this busy time?
Here is some useful information with regard to reporting crime from the Newton Abbot Police and the best way to contact them at this busy time.
Will 999 calls be answered?
Answering calls to the 999 number is a priority and we are making sure that we have additional resilience through training student officers to support our call handlers. Please continue to dial 999 in all emergency situations.
What is the best way to contact the police at this busy time for non-emergencies?
- If possible we would ask that you use the following options before dialling 101 at this busy time.
- Click before you call – go online at devon-cornwall.police.uk/
- Check if you can find the answer yourself on AskNed
- Use the online crime reporting form
- Webchat live with the 101 service (link to this facility at bottom right of Devon and Cornwall Police homepage)
- Email the 101 service at email@example.com
Calling 101 phone line
If you do need to call 101 about a non emergency, please be aware that it may take longer than normal to answer your call. Perhaps consider calling at a quieter time of the day, like late evening if it is not time critical.
I have intelligence about a crime – who should I contact?
Please continue to contact the police on the details listed above. If it is an emergency call 999 or for non-emergencies use the online contact options where possible.
You can also report crime and intelligence anonymously via Crimestoppers either by calling 0800 555111 or by using their online reporting system at www.crimestoppers-uk.org